You just really have to love when late Friday News flies out at your face and you have no time to react.
Here is the link to the official EO for you to read.
I will try my best to shorten up these 5 pages of text for you.
1. Climate change is real and Obama wants us prepared.
2. Its gonna get hot for a while, and rain a lot, and the ice is gonna melt. OH yeah don’t forget fires. lots and lots of fires.
3. Gotta give the monies to the peeps that support Obama science claims.
4. Information sharing……………. because the U.S. government shares so much.
5.Modernizing Federal Programs to Support Climate Resilient Investment. MORE MONEY.
6. Get people together, every person you can name, to make a list, and assess that list concerning changes to land and water related policies.
7. More information and tools to prepare for climate change.
8. Evaluate the greatest risks.
9. PROGRESS REPORTS.
10. MAKE MORE GOVERNMENT. The establishment of Council on Climate Preparedness and Resilience (Council). Lots of members.
11. Make the council work with lower governments.
12. Integration. Climate science soon to be a part of all government agencies and private sectors.
13. MAKE MORE GOVERNMENT. Establishment. To inform Federal efforts to support climate preparedness and resilience, there is established a State, Local, and Tribal Leaders Task Force on Climate Preparedness and Resilience (Task Force).
14. In a year get a recommendation on how the government can help people fix stuff.
15. Definitions. Because what new law is ever written so a simpleton like myself can read it.
Now this is a seemingly low impact EO at the moment, because all it does is make more government and analyses stuff, but I am a believer in the slippery slope. Once Obama has all this data that he has funded to look the way he wants it to, SHIT IS GONNA GET REAL. You think the attacks on coal plants are bad today, wait until you are forced into a Nissan Leaf and out of your 25 year old pick up that runs like a boss. Or wait until you are forced to purchase 30 dollar led lights for your home to reduce your footprint, or they take away your fireplace that heats your home basically for free (something that has basically happened in the town I live in already, just imagine it on a national level).
Something has to be done about Executive Orders and their use to implement policies that could never have been passed through congress. We did not elect a dictator.